10 “staying in” ideas in the Isle of Man during lockdown
We are all playing our part by staying in and avoiding contact with others, so here are some ideas while we do our bit …
When we spotted this beach location and gem of a house to turn into a holiday business, we had no idea that we would have to stay in rather than be out and about. Its not easy, especially when you know how much fun Port Erin is….
So here are ten ideas to keep occupied and survive this time at Palm Villa…
10 fun “staying in” ideas in Palm Villa
1. Make full use of the lovely kitchen to cook a three course meal, something new that you havnt tried before. Replicate going to a restaurant , dress for dinner and have pre-diner aperitives at the bar sitting on the lovely high stools, before moving to the table for the main event.
2. Join Mark virtually for Yoga. We are desperately missing Mark's summer yoga classes on the headland, overlooking the paddleboarders and kayakers with the warm wind on our backs. But join him on Zoom and sink into a relaxing side-angle pose on the comfort of the cosy rug in the lounge
3. Have a board games afternoon and extend the dining table to do a giant jigsaw where the whole family can help. Our favourite is Monopoly Isle of Man Edition of course!
4. Log into Netflix or Amazon Prime on the smart tv, and lose the evening to box set after box set
5. As long as you are keeping to the distance rules, get out for your daily exercise exploring the walking trails in the south of the Island. Our favourite is a loop from Port Erin to Port St Mary via Gansey
6. Let Alexa join the party, ask her to play chill out music while you relax on the comfortable sofas, feet up with a good book.
7. Let your dog go crazy enjoy the beach, at this time of year they can run in the waves any time of day. Explore the caves and enjoy the view up to Milner's Tower
8. If its sunny open the roof windows in the gorgeous attic, open them wide, lie on the immaculate new carpet, let the sun stream through, pile on the factor 30 and get a suntan
9. Have a family Xbox tournament playing the selection of games carefully picked out by our son Tommy.
10. Start planning your Isle of Man activities for a few months time, especially the gorgeous Port Erin. We are dreaming of a family boat trip to the calf of Man on the Shona, followed by a long lazy evening at our favourite craft winery Foragingvintners, before a short walk along the beautiful sand back to Palm Villa
Palm Villa is open for staycations and is dog friendly. A lovely welcome pack is supplied on arrival. You will find many food delivery services available in Port Erin although some are now starting to open up to make your stay even more special.
To book or receive information about special offers, news or updates, contact us here and we will be delighted to help. Follow us on instagram and facebook for daily stories and posts.
Click on these links for walking ideas, booking a mountain bike guide, open water swimming tips or ideas for the family when everything is closed, and you will never be short of ideas on your staycation.
A change of scenery does you good!!